One of the Unity’s many tools for contemporary people.
The goal of Spiritual Counseling is to help each person discover the spiritual resources within thus to better enable each person to find effective solutions to life’s challenges. We each have a challenge in life and may find ourselves unable to move beyond the presented problem.
Spiritual Counseling may help with issues surrounding:
- illness or disability
- loss of job/retirement
- divorce or separation
- grief due to the death of a loved one or other serious losses
- life changes
Spiritual Counseling is:
- Available to all individuals seeking help.
- Held in strict confident. Exceptions may arise where there is potential for suicide, homicide or abuse.
- Not psychotherapy. Referrals may be made to qualified mental health professionals, when appropriate.
- Provided on a free-will basis. The expectation is that each person will make a love offering, placed in an envelope and handled by a 3rd party.
- Appointments are scheduled on morning, afternoon and some evenings, and are made for 45 minute sessions. Appointments may be made through the church office at 305-296-5888.
- Most individuals will be seen between 1-3 visits within a 6 month period of time.
- Contact the church office or Rev Daybree for any specific questions you may have.
- Know you are loved
“I recognize all the mentors and guides I have had, and continue to have, along my way. I am both humbled and honored to help others find their inner strength and power to face the challenges of living in today’s world. We can learn to live and move and have our being from the space of love, acceptance, forgiveness and freedom.”
-Rev. DayBree Thoms