Sunday, December 17th right after service, do some Christmas or general gift shopping at Unity of the Keys Parable of the Talents Sale.
Find unique handmade gifts inspired by Spirit.
What is the Parable of The Talents?
Jesus told the Parable of the Talents to his disciples. It appears in Matthew 25:14–30, and another version of the parable can be found in Luke 19:11–27. The Talents’ parable has typically been interpreted as being about proper investment: Jesus’ disciples are urged to use their abilities and gifts to serve God—without reservation and without fear of taking risks. It is about great responsibility with great reward.
At Unity of the Keys, we offer the responsibility to our participating congregants by giving them funds as seed money that they may use as they create something to sell at our annual sale. The opportunity of selling for a higher profit than what was invested is rewarding and in turn, benefits the church.
Instructions to Participate in The Parable of the Talents
- Ponder, Think, Meditate upon a Divine Idea: What would YOU like to create to place for sale at the Parable of the Talents Sale and Fair that will be held on Sunday, December 18th?
- Consider the amount of money you might need for your supplies. Any dollar amount from $10.00 to $50.00. Janet Smith or Debra Butler, our Champions for Parable Dollars, will give you what you request on November 13th or after. When you receive your Parable Dollars, you will also receive a sheet of directions for preparing your “talents” for pricing.
- Create! Use the Parable Dollars to purchase what you need to paint, create, bake, sculpt, etc. Or create gift certificates for services you are going to offer such as housecleaning services, computer advice, and handyman (or woman) services, for example.
- Bring your items in either on Thursday, Dec 14th between 9 am – 1 pm, or Sunday, Dec 17th at 10:00 a.m. Items can be taken directly to the office.
- Invite friends, family, and complete strangers to our Talent Sale and Fair, held on Sunday, December 17th following the service, at 12:15.
- Sell! Nicely price and sell your items at the sale.
- Shop! Purchase gifts for Christmas, birthdays, anniversaries, or “just because.”
- Have Fun and Enjoy!